Pages

Monday, January 12, 2015

Understanding Pain



James 1:2-4

Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don’t try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way.
Isn't it the truth that in the test the true colors of my foundation show. I'm always amazed the cracks I find. Every test I want to jump out of and run from because it kills my flesh. Turning the carnal areas of my life and molding them to the character of God.
I won't prematurely jump out of a test, for fear I will get burnt up in the fire instead I am going to welcome the purification process so that the cracks on my foundation grow smaller and smaller. I will trust the Heavenly Father to hold me and care for me during the tests so that it does its work in me. 
Lord can I just say, must I really walk these tests? If I must than please care for me kindly and expose the cracks that need to be filled with your goodness and character.
Pain is a part of our human life. The bible says it rains on the just and the unjust (Matthew 5:45). James calls us to consider it all joy when we meet trials of various kinds. In this you produce a steadfastness rooted into a mature faith. 
Pain has a voice. Our immediate reaction to pain in our lives is to make it stop. Figure it out how to make it stop. Change the course so that it doesn’t hurt so much. The lie we believe is that we can control our pain. Sometimes our pain isn’t a fruit of something we have done but something that was inflicted on us. 
The good news is we weren’t designed to just know how to deal with pain.
That is why we need a savior. There is so much judgement on oneself in how you deal with pain or why you can’t shake it. Losing the ability to get out of a pit. Pain is not in Heaven and it wasn't in our human ecosystem originally. The only way to deal with pain and release it is to allow the Holy Spirit to work through you in the midst of the trial helping you to count it joy, producing perseverance and ultimately building a confidence to live out of that pit.
Pain is a pit. That emotion is like a prison. Allowing myself to be angry will motivate me to get out of the pit rather than make a home there. If doubt remains in me that I have to stay just learning how to muscle through this thing called pain than I’m truly not free from the pit.

 Jesus didn’t come to just help us muscle but to free us from pit. To live a life outside of the prison of oneself or others inflictions on us. He came to help produce in us the confidence that we can make it out and we can live victorious.

No comments:

Post a Comment